Tàri-Nienna - Creative Log

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

On a roll again!

I worked on the hooded poncho pattern last night after Tai-Chi, I talked to two ladies who are knitter/crocheter at the class and from their expressions, they think I am giving myself a lot of troubles to go that way.

Actually Mike went to bed and I kept working at it ... I feel like I am an addict when that happened; Staying up late after my usual bedtime because I want to work on a crochet project. I will get over it.

So I practice my loop stitch, I really liked it once I got my fingers to move the right way!!
I also made sample swatches with different hooks (7.00mm and 9.00mm). I decided to go with the 9.00mm because of the thickness. The yarn looks really nice, Bernat SOLO in Tomato. I started my first rows with the converted number of chains followed by a row of alternating sc and loop stitches... It got way too long! So frog, frog, frog.

I went to bed late and have nothing to show today... but I think I figured out how many chains(171) I will need and I won't slip stitch the chain before I have my first row of sc-loop done because even if I did my best not to twist the chain row... I did. It should be easier after the first row.

All things considered, I am pretty excited about his project. The yarn looks really nice, Bernat SOLO in Tomato