Tàri-Nienna - Creative Log

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Hook me up!

Over the holidays, while I was at my Dad, I looked everywhere to find my mom's crochets and knitting needles but without success. She passed four years ago and since I am thinking about learning to knit I thought I could use hers. I have no clue where they could be but I will still give another look next time I go.

After a few days at my Dad's, we went to le Massif, mountain by the sea, for a couple days of downhill skiing. It was wonderful. It is impressive, when you ski you feel like you will end up in the River. We stayed in a little Inn and our meals were included. It was delicious. It is owned by a young couple and the man is turning wood and making all kinds of beautiful things. He is making pens... and pens can look a bit like crochet... Do you see me coming? I asked him if he would try to make a few crochet for me... and he accepted! I asked for three crochets. He will be working on it and I should have them in a few weeks. I can't wait! Since I have seen the one of turn of the century I have been dying to get some but these ones will be design specially for me!